Friday, December 05, 2008

Poetry Friday: Green Mountain


I find so much solace in the outdoors, hiking in the green Cascade Mountains, breathing the clean air, dipping my toes in glacial water. So now...in honor of my stay in Shanghai and my return to the Emerald City (Seattle), here is my last ancient Chinese poem, appropriately named Green Mountain.


Green Mountain

Li Bai (702-762)

You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;

I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.

As the peach blossom flows downstream and is the unknown,

I have a world apart that is not among men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The simplicity of this poem! It speaks to the whole northwest for which I am thankful that I love here.

Nicole B. said...

I really, really love this poem.
It captures the Cascades :)
Oh, me gusta.

eXTReMe Tracker